CALENDAR OF UPCOMING & PREVIOUS EVENTS
Horasis is a global visions community which hosts annual Global Meetings to catalyze the Benefits of Globalization. It is co-hosted by City of Cascais and the Government of Portugal.
Co-chairs of this global meeting are:
• José Manuel Barroso, Chairman, Goldman Sachs International; Former President, European
• Galia Benartzi, Co-Founder, Bancor, Switzerland
• Carlos da Silva Costa, Governor, Bank of Portugal, Portugal
• Uzoma Dozie, Chief Executive Officer, Diamond Bank, Nigeria
• Brian A. Gallagher, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way Worldwide, USA
• Mohammad Mustafa, Chairman, Palestine Investment Fund, Palestine
• Maxim Nogotkov, Founder, Svyaznoy, Russia
• Eva-Lotta Sjöstedt, Chief Executive Officer, Georg Jensen, Denmark
• Nandini Sukumar, Chief Executive Officer, The World Federation of Exchanges, United Kingdom
• Ann Winblad, Managing Partner, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, USA
• Deborah Wince-Smith, President, United States Council on Competitiveness, USA
• Vladimir Yakunin, Chairman, Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute, Russia
The global meeting has its distinguished Knowledge Partners:CIP – Confederation of Portuguese Business, Estoril Sol, Hill & Knowlton Strategies, IE Business School, Oxford Analytica, Publicize and Turismo de Portugal.
My speech is scheduled to be on April 8th, 10:30am-12:00pm on this Panel:
Monitoring Supra-national Businesses (Room Dubai)
Many businesses operate globally and seem beyond national laws. What might be done to assure us of their correct oversight? Are these firms sufficiently culturally sensitive? How quickly will they create better governance, equality and decency?
• Emma Arakelyan, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Orion Worldwide Innovations, USA
• Flaviano Bianchini, Founder and Director, Source International, Italy
• David Carlisle, Chairman, Holoscribe, United Kingdom
• Toomas Danneberg, Vice Rector, Estonian Business School, Estonia
• Pedro Faria, Strategic Advisor, CDP, United Kingdom
• Isabel Neves, Chair, Star Busy, Portugal
• Juan Torrents, President, The World Free & Special Economic Zones Federation, Switzerland
• Nadim Habib, Professor, Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal
Emma Arakelyan is a WCIT 2019 (www.wcit2019.org) Congress Content Committee Member and is leading Lightening Rounds Innovation Program at a Congress.
This year the Congress will be held in Yerevan, Armenia from October 6 to 9 and will include sessions on topics ranging from artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and smart cities to cybersecurity, climate change, and more.This year, WCIT will address The Power of Decentralization: Promise and Peril and explore how information and communications technology is transforming our lives for better and for worse—its impact on profits and prosperity, safety and security, democracy and humanity.
During the Lightening Rounds Innovation Program over 3 days, 15 companies and/or technologies will be showcased at the plenary session attended by 2,000 information and communications technology (ICT) leaders-CEOs and investors, policy makers and government officials, academics and technologists.
WCIT is the signature event of the World Information Technology & Services Alliance (WITSA), a consortium of ICT associations from 83 countries, representing 90% of the industry. For 40 years, technology leaders—CEOs and investors, policymakers and government officials, academics and technologists—have joined in this annual event to discuss the state of the industry, where it is headed and what it means for our future. Past speakers include Bill Clinton, Vint Cerf, Bill Gates, Ginni Rometty, Larry Ellison, Anne Mulcahey, Faqir Chand Kohli, and Michael Dell.