CALENDAR OF UPCOMING & PREVIOUS EVENTS
Emma Arakelyan will be joining a competition as a judge on critical and high impact area of Intellectual Property Management. The topics will include domain names, copyright, software and database, trademark, and IP in the jurisdictions of different countries.
The event is organized by Intellectual Property Owners Club of Armenia and university students are invited to participate and compete.
More about the event and how to participate(in Armenian) – IPO Club Event on April 26, 2019
Emma Arakelyan is co-leading the IP/IT Transformation for Armenia Innovation Summit (The Summit), which is organized by the Armenian Bar Association, Orion Worldwide Innovations and the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of Republic of Armenia.
The Summit covers the following areas of target are: Laws and Regulations, Institutional Framework and Capacities, Human Capacities, Cooperation Systems and Learning and Innovation.
The target audience includes: government ministers, members of parliament and officials; professionals in law, public and private businesses including startups and investors; academy of sciences and universities, and other constituencies engaged with innovation, development and research.
The specific objectives of the 2-day summit will be to engage all interested parties in discussions about, and propose solutions to, the following six sets of critical issues that the IP/IT Committee, working with its partners in Armenia, has identified as the key impediments to innovation in Armenia:
– The lack of statutory damages and administrative sanctions under Armenian IP law, for IP violations.
– The impossibility of patenting or otherwise protecting software innovation.
– The limited capacity of the Armenian patent office (AIPA).
– The poor suitability of Armenian corporate law for VC/angel investment.
– Insufficient protection of minority shareholders under Armenian corporate law.
– Insufficient protection of IP in educational and scientific institutions.
About the IP/IT Committee of the US Armenian Bar Association
The IP/IT Committee of the US Armenian Bar Association was established in November 2018 with the following objectives:
– Establish, grow and mutually benefit from the collaborative and business relationships among legal, education and business (including startups and science) professionals in the U.S. and Armenia.
– Facilitate an exchange of knowledge in the IP Management area between different jurisdictions, in particular the U.S. and Armenia, and Europe and Armenia.
– Facilitate knowledge exchange and learning by providing a conduit of access for IP practitioners, judiciary and academicians in Armenia, to their counterparts in the Diaspora.
– Facilitate the development and implementation of a more robust IP protection and enforcement framework in Armenia.
– Become a key advisor, partner and sponsor of the Armenian Global Innovation Hub.
– Educate fellow attorneys as well as business people and the community at-large about IP and its impact/importance.
– Assist students and new attorneys to break into the IP field, professionally.
Emma Arakelyan is invited to speak at EY Long Island’s Professional Women’s Network (PWN) Event on January 14, 2021.
The event is sponsored by EY Long Island PWN and all women from all service lines are invited.
Emma will cover key messages from her book “The Business Caring Formula” about building leadership lifestyle using seven key ingredients of the caring formula (visit www.emmaarakelyan.com for details).
The is Emma’s second speech at EY about leadership and building strong women leaders in the firm.