CALENDAR OF UPCOMING & PREVIOUS EVENTS
Michelle N. Moore is the founder of MindEQuity.
Her 25 year career as a management, transformation & innovation consultant spanned work in USA, Germany, Russia and Canada. She has an M.B.A. in international strategy and is fluent in English, German & Russian.
Presencing = Presence + Sensing, a social technology introduced in Theory U which incorporates body work and mindfulness practices. Michelle’s experience in these fields includes yoga practice since 1992, meditation since 2005. She is a 750-hour certified yoga instructor teaching an intelligent, “thinking body” yoga practice rooted in physiology, anatomy and mindful movement (since 2013). In addition, she studies mindfulness meditation and interpersonal neuro-biology at the Mindfulness Centre near Toronto.
Book Launch First Event in Armenia.
Sevan Startup Summit is a platform for accomplished and raising entrepreneurs and investors. Whether you are looking for scaling up your startup, winning grants or getting investments, investing in promising SMEs, sharing your knowledge or meeting the main stakeholders of startup ecosystem – Sevan Startup Summit is the right place to be. Join us from July 22nd to 29th at the shore of Lake Sevan and share common lifestyle with about 1000 entrepreneurs. Over $50,000 prize fund and acceleration program with $100,000 fund. It is expected to commit about $1,000,000 of investment.
Sevan Startup Summit ( www.seasidestartupsummit.com ) is the first outdoor campsite-based forum that fosters intensive deal-making and immersive conversations about the most burning topics in entrepreneurship today. The summit attracts leading Angels, Venture Capitalists, Entrepreneurs and Policy Makers willing to join their peers in an intimate setting to think, act and transform their environment via entrepreneurship. Please refer to this video for an introduction to the unique format of the Summit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30JZ1-fd-SQ.
Established in Armenia by Startup Armenia Foundation ( www.startuparmenia.am ) and Granatus Ventures ( www.granatusventures.com ), Sevan Startup Summit has been fostering innovation and ecosystem development across the region since 2016. In 2018, Sevan Startup Summit ventured overseas under the name Seaside Startup Summit to host its first international summits in the UAE (Feb’18) and India (Mar’18). Over the past two years, the Seaside Startup Summit platform has attracted hundreds of vibrant startups, mentors and investors from over 25 countries who come together to Connect, Learn, Win and Have Fun. Sevan Startup Summit 2018 includes a week-long micro-acceleration programme supplemented by a series of deep-topic workshops for qualified startups, introductory sessions for aspiring entrepreneurs, and dialogues with inspiring leaders.
Book Launch Second Event
Book Launch Third Event in Gyumri, Armenia
On August 3rd, 2018 was invited by Beeline Startup to speak with startups leadership and their teams. Discuss various business models of going to market, discuss the importance of leadership and team work; share the importance of learning about Fortune 500 companies’ strategies for startups and entrepreneurs.
On behalf of Teach For Armenia (TFA) CEO and Founder Larisa Hovannisian and her management team, I, on behalf of Open Mind Productions multimedia company, am cordially inviting you to the TFA new program announcement event: #Young #Leaders in #TeachForArmenia.
We are very excited to launch this program with you in New York City at an inspiring location overlooking the city’s skyscrapers.
Emma Arakelyan will be the Key Note speaker at the Columbia University Business School Executive Program Graduation Ceremony in New York City. She will share her The Business Caring Formula concept and how it helped her to grow in the corporate America and then become successful entrepreneur and make an impact globally. She will also cover Singularity University 10x growth concept.
Emma Arakelyan is speaking as the panel moderator at this conference and she is also sponsoring the event.
Startups from any industry and from Armenia and from any other country are invited in person (registration will be required and more information to come later this week) or attending via live stream globally.
The conference titled “The Startup Revolution: What are your rights and how to protect them” is being organized by U.S. Armenian Bar Association and sponsored by Orion Worldwide Innovations, LLC.
This inaugural program will bring together leaders in the field of Intellectual Property Law from the United States, Canada, Armenia, Russia and Australia to share their knowledge and #expertise with the startup #ecosystems of #Armenia and beyond. The program will be submitted for #accreditation.
Topics to be covered during four dedicated panels: 1. Establishing and growing your startup #practice; 2. How to protect your #IntellectualProperty; 3. Challenges and opportunities facing #startups in Armenia; 4. How to #protect your #TradeSecrets and the #BestPractices in #IPLitigation.
The event will close with a reception with wine and #ArmenianBrandy tasting.
Columbia University, New York City
The StartUp Revolution: What Are Your Rights and How to Protect Them
8:30 A.M. – 9:30 A.M. – Registration and breakfast
9:30 A.M. – 9:45 a.m. – Opening Remarks – Souren A. Israelyan, Esq.
10:00 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.
Establishing and growing your startup practice
- Organizational formation, types of organizations (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joints ventures), subsidiaries, cross-border entities
- Brand identification and protection
- Developing and protecting business trade secrets
- Non-disclosure, non-compete, non-circumvention agreements
- Special considerations for IT startups
- Special consideration for non-for-profit startups
- Typical agreements with customers/vendors/employees
- Online terms for websites, apps and social media pages
- Privacy policies
- Setting your data strategy and establishing data practices
- Aligning business partners
- Maintaining transparency
- The role of digital assets in today’s business environment
- Business and personal digital assets
- Steps to keep control
11:15 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. – Midmorning break
11:30 A.M. – 12:45 P.M.
how to protect your intellectual property
- What is and is not intellectual property
- How to protect intellectual property
- Open source options
- Customs and practices of engagement with startups
- International protection of intellectual property
- In-house counsel perspectives
12:45 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. – Lunch break
2:00 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.
challenges and opportunities facing startups in armenia
Moderator: Emma Arakelyan
- Commercialization of intellectual property
- Raising capital for startups
- Initial public offerings, initial coin offerings, crowdfunding, etc.
- Ecosystem of IT startups in Armenia
- Marketing and entry into market
- Global reach of Armenian startups
- Mergers and acquisitions involving startups
- Success stories
- Emerging opportunities
- Challenges ahead
- New frontiers
3:15 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. – Midafternoon break
3:30 P.M. – 4:45 P.M.
How to protect your trade secrets
and the Best practices in IP litigation
Why startups need to know
- Protection of trade secrets in global cyber world
- Defense of Trade Secrets Act, what you need to know
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Current environment of threats and proactive cybersecurity management
- Cybersecurity regulation and enforcement
- Breach of cybersecurity and crisis management
- Legal obligations arising from attacks
- E-Discovery hosting and review tools
- Recent Supreme Court decisions affecting IP practice
- Evolving legal standards and practices
- Best practices in IP litigation
4:45 P.M. – Closing Remarks
Armenian Wine and Armenian Brandy tasting