CALENDAR OF UPCOMING & PREVIOUS EVENTS
My Book Europe Tour fourth stop is in London, UK on February 18, 2019. A book presentation event is organized and co-sponsored by the AGBU Young Professionals London organization and by the top three universities in the UK: University College London (UCL) Armenian Society, UCL Economics and Finance Society, King’s College London Armenian Society and London School of Economics. Emma Arakelyan is invited as a speaker to talk to 100+ audience about her book’s themes and about building new leadership lifestyle.
About AGBU Young Professionals London
AGBU Young Professionals (YP) is a growing network of groups and supporters around the world who are committed to preserving and promoting the Armenian identity and heritage through educational, cultural and humanitarian programs for young Armenians between the ages of 22 to 40.
About UCL: (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/)
UCL (University College London) is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 13, 000 staff and 38, 000 students from 150 different countries. Qs world raking is for UCL is 7th place for the past three years.
London’s Global University: a diverse intellectual community, engaged with the wider world and committed to changing it for the better; recognized for our radical and critical thinking and its widespread influence; with an outstanding ability to integrate our education, research, innovation and enterprise for the long-term benefit of humanity.
About King’s College in London (https://www.kcl.ac.uk/)
One of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19)
the fourth oldest university in England, research-led and based in the heart of London.
King’s has over 31,000 students (including more than 12,800 postgraduates) from some 150 countries and over 8,500 employees. King’s provides world-class teaching and cutting-edge research: In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) King’s was ranked 6th nationally in the ‘power’ ranking, which takes into account both the quality and quantity of research activity, and 7th for quality according to Times Higher Education rankings
Eighty-four per cent of research at King’s was deemed ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (3* and 4*)
The university is in the top seven UK universities for research earnings and has an overall annual income of just over £778 million.
About London School of Economics
About us. The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is one of the foremost social science universities in the world.
Horasis is a global visions community which hosts annual Global Meetings to catalyze the Benefits of Globalization. It is co-hosted by City of Cascais and the Government of Portugal.
Co-chairs of this global meeting are:
• José Manuel Barroso, Chairman, Goldman Sachs International; Former President, European
• Galia Benartzi, Co-Founder, Bancor, Switzerland
• Carlos da Silva Costa, Governor, Bank of Portugal, Portugal
• Uzoma Dozie, Chief Executive Officer, Diamond Bank, Nigeria
• Brian A. Gallagher, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way Worldwide, USA
• Mohammad Mustafa, Chairman, Palestine Investment Fund, Palestine
• Maxim Nogotkov, Founder, Svyaznoy, Russia
• Eva-Lotta Sjöstedt, Chief Executive Officer, Georg Jensen, Denmark
• Nandini Sukumar, Chief Executive Officer, The World Federation of Exchanges, United Kingdom
• Ann Winblad, Managing Partner, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, USA
• Deborah Wince-Smith, President, United States Council on Competitiveness, USA
• Vladimir Yakunin, Chairman, Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute, Russia
The global meeting has its distinguished Knowledge Partners:CIP – Confederation of Portuguese Business, Estoril Sol, Hill & Knowlton Strategies, IE Business School, Oxford Analytica, Publicize and Turismo de Portugal.
My speech is scheduled to be on April 8th, 10:30am-12:00pm on this Panel:
Monitoring Supra-national Businesses (Room Dubai)
Many businesses operate globally and seem beyond national laws. What might be done to assure us of their correct oversight? Are these firms sufficiently culturally sensitive? How quickly will they create better governance, equality and decency?
• Emma Arakelyan, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Orion Worldwide Innovations, USA
• Flaviano Bianchini, Founder and Director, Source International, Italy
• David Carlisle, Chairman, Holoscribe, United Kingdom
• Toomas Danneberg, Vice Rector, Estonian Business School, Estonia
• Pedro Faria, Strategic Advisor, CDP, United Kingdom
• Isabel Neves, Chair, Star Busy, Portugal
• Juan Torrents, President, The World Free & Special Economic Zones Federation, Switzerland
• Nadim Habib, Professor, Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal