CALENDAR OF UPCOMING & PREVIOUS EVENTS
Emma Arakelyan is speaking as the panel moderator at this conference and she is also sponsoring the event.
Startups from any industry and from Armenia and from any other country are invited in person (registration will be required and more information to come later this week) or attending via live stream globally.
The conference titled “The Startup Revolution: What are your rights and how to protect them” is being organized by U.S. Armenian Bar Association and sponsored by Orion Worldwide Innovations, LLC.
This inaugural program will bring together leaders in the field of Intellectual Property Law from the United States, Canada, Armenia, Russia and Australia to share their knowledge and #expertise with the startup #ecosystems of #Armenia and beyond. The program will be submitted for #accreditation.
Topics to be covered during four dedicated panels: 1. Establishing and growing your startup #practice; 2. How to protect your #IntellectualProperty; 3. Challenges and opportunities facing #startups in Armenia; 4. How to #protect your #TradeSecrets and the #BestPractices in #IPLitigation.
The event will close with a reception with wine and #ArmenianBrandy tasting.
Columbia University, New York City
The StartUp Revolution: What Are Your Rights and How to Protect Them
8:30 A.M. – 9:30 A.M. – Registration and breakfast
9:30 A.M. – 9:45 a.m. – Opening Remarks – Souren A. Israelyan, Esq.
10:00 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.
Establishing and growing your startup practice
- Organizational formation, types of organizations (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joints ventures), subsidiaries, cross-border entities
- Brand identification and protection
- Developing and protecting business trade secrets
- Non-disclosure, non-compete, non-circumvention agreements
- Special considerations for IT startups
- Special consideration for non-for-profit startups
- Typical agreements with customers/vendors/employees
- Online terms for websites, apps and social media pages
- Privacy policies
- Setting your data strategy and establishing data practices
- Aligning business partners
- Maintaining transparency
- The role of digital assets in today’s business environment
- Business and personal digital assets
- Steps to keep control
11:15 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. – Midmorning break
11:30 A.M. – 12:45 P.M.
how to protect your intellectual property
- What is and is not intellectual property
- How to protect intellectual property
- Open source options
- Customs and practices of engagement with startups
- International protection of intellectual property
- In-house counsel perspectives
12:45 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. – Lunch break
2:00 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.
challenges and opportunities facing startups in armenia
Moderator: Emma Arakelyan
- Commercialization of intellectual property
- Raising capital for startups
- Initial public offerings, initial coin offerings, crowdfunding, etc.
- Ecosystem of IT startups in Armenia
- Marketing and entry into market
- Global reach of Armenian startups
- Mergers and acquisitions involving startups
- Success stories
- Emerging opportunities
- Challenges ahead
- New frontiers
3:15 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. – Midafternoon break
3:30 P.M. – 4:45 P.M.
How to protect your trade secrets
and the Best practices in IP litigation
Why startups need to know
- Protection of trade secrets in global cyber world
- Defense of Trade Secrets Act, what you need to know
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Current environment of threats and proactive cybersecurity management
- Cybersecurity regulation and enforcement
- Breach of cybersecurity and crisis management
- Legal obligations arising from attacks
- E-Discovery hosting and review tools
- Recent Supreme Court decisions affecting IP practice
- Evolving legal standards and practices
- Best practices in IP litigation
4:45 P.M. – Closing Remarks
Armenian Wine and Armenian Brandy tasting
The Forum is set to bring together cutting-edge research from the frontiers of biology and the most futuristic exploration of data and intelligence. The Forum is also a platform that bridges Academia and Industry, assembling some of the brightest minds and executives from the worlds of biology and data science.
Emma will be a speaker during the “Investor Panel” – Session about the spectrum of investment opportunities and challenges.
New Paths – Bridging Armenian Women is beyond thrilled to welcome Emma Arakelyan to Boston for the first time as she will be launching her new book and share her success story coming to New York from Armenia! You do not want to miss this event and meet Emma in person! This event is for everyone!
You can learn more about Emma Arakelyan and her incredible accomplishments by visiting her website: http://www.emmaarakelyan.com/
What Is “The Business Caring Formula” About?
Emma wrote the book, The Business Caring Formula: Building Your New Leadership Lifestyle, with you in mind – high school and college students, managers, executives, entrepreneurs across industries and organizations worldwide – to give you the formula for thinking and acting as a leader at any stage of your life.
Emma will share some of her best practices in building productive and successful leaders based on her over 20 years in leadership positions at top global companies.
The Business Caring Formula creates a lifestyle. It fosters inclusivity and action-driven leadership while taking others with you on your caring leader journey. It starts with a call to action: being a caring leader in everything you do and wherever you go, and that includes how you interact with your personal and work- related relationships.
Panel Discussion with me and other leaders in the Armenian venture capital and startup ecosystem. The event is a great opportunity to hear about what is top mind for these industry experts.
Emma Arakelyan, CEO & Co-Founder of Orion Worldwide Innovations, LLC and MD of Open Mind Productions, LLC
Ashot Arzumanyan, Co-Founder & Partner of SmartGateVC
Nina Achadjian, Principal at Index Ventures, Founder/Partner at HIVE Ventures
Todd Fabacher, CEO of Digital Pomegranate
David Selverian, Investor of Bessemer Ventures Partners.
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/armenian-venture-capital-and-start-up-ecosystem-tickets-52932654996#tickets
I will be a speaker at the GORIZ leadership 2-day programme which is scheduled to take place in Paris, France on February 9-10, 2019.
About the Programme
The Goriz leadership programme sponsored by AGBU (AGBU.org) aims to provide talented young Armenians with a professional-level leadership programme that will equip them to confront and transcend the challenges of their personal, professional, community and public lives. The participants will set off on a 6-months (part time) Leadership Development Journey. The journey will consist of lectures, experiential workshops and fun activities for social bonding. The cohort will be exposed to world-class leaders who are engaged with their Armenian Identity.
The programme will enable participants to unleash the full potential of their unique pallet of identities and to form a distinctive leadership style. The program will help participants to reflect on questions such as:
• How is my signature strength shaped?
• How does my personal and family history influence my sense of purpose?
• What drives my sense of duty and how do I take ownership?
• How can I benefit from networking and contributing a global community of professional Armenians?
The Europe book tour “The Business Caring Formula” second stop after Paris will be in Berlin, Germany.
ESMT(European School of Management and Technology) has organized an event to present building a new leadership lifestyle topic during the open lecture, with many pieces of advice for ESMT students – future leaders.
About ESMTAbout ESMT
ESMT Berlin was founded by 25 leading global companies and institutions. The international business school offers a full-time MBA, an executive MBA, a master’s in management, as well as open enrollment and customized executive education programs. ESMT focuses on three main topics: leadership, innovation, and analytics. ESMT faculty publishes in top academic journals. Additionally, the business school provides an interdisciplinary platform for discourse between politics, business, and academia. The business school is based in Berlin, Germany, and has a branch office in Shanghai, China. ESMT is a private business school with the right to grant PhDs and is accredited by the German state, AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA.